Common Weal has an exciting new position for an administrative assistant to help support our admin, operations, campaigns and projects. If you want to be part of the team please apply.
Job Vacancy – Administrative Assistant
Details of the Role
Salary: £9 per hour
Hours: 25 hours per week. Flexible hours. Temporary position for a six month period with the aim to make the position permanent depending on funding
Start Date: Immediate Start
Closing Date: 24/06/2019
Interviews: Glasgow, 26/06/2019
About Common Weal
Common Weal is Scotland’s only grassroots-funded “think-and-do tank” campaigning for social and economic equality in Scotland. Our goal is to achieve a Scotland of social and economic equality and environmental sustainability with a vibrant community and cultural life, widespread democratic participation, a high quality of life and cooperative working. We believe there are a series of key ideas which can explain how we achieve that kind of Scotland. These are all linked to a vision of what a better Scotland could be.
Administrative Assistant Job Overview
As an administrative assistant, the successful candidate would work closely with the Operations Manager in our Glasgow office, primarily to support completing everyday tasks and general responsibilities of running the office and operations. This position would be particularly suitable for someone with experience in administration and working in an office environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Basic HR administration
- Daily communication with supporters, donors and general enquires
- General support with newsletters, social media and website
- Helping record basic financial information
- Assisting with running and organising our online shop
- Attending events and helping with hosting stalls
- Assisting with organising events, campaigns and projects
The Common Weal office includes a dynamic team organising a number of projects and campaigns at one time, as well as running an online media site CommonSpace. The following skills and experience would allow the successful candidate to build on the existing infrastructure to support all of the work we do.
- Good communication and literacy skills
- Good customer service skills
- Experience in general office systems and a willingness to learn new systems
- Capable organisational skills and time management with the ability to make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to suggest new ideas and to take advantage of time-sensitive opportunities when required
- Good interpersonal skills and working as a team
- An interest in social and environmental issues based on Common Weal’s key ideals would be an advantage
- It would also be an advantage to have a keen interest in Scottish politics and passion about social change
If interested please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter explaining your interest in the role to Operations Manager Tiffany Kane at email@example.com.
If you have any questions at all before applying please do not hesitate to get in touch.